Friday, June 10, 2011

Where I'm walking this week: Westerpark

I have decided to take my camera along on my walks so I can report back here with pictures of some of the scenery I get to enjoy. Next time I'll be sure to check my camera's battery beforehand so I can take multiple pictures, unlike today when I only managed to snap one before my battery died. I saw a lot of stuff today on my urban walk around Amsterdam. This picture was taken at the beginning of my walk, close to my house.

Today was my first long walk of nearly 10 miles and I definitely started feeling it towards the end. Since we will be walking 20 miles each day during the 3-Day Walk for the Cure, I still have some training to do before I will be able to walk that distance comfortably. I plan on doing one long walk- between 10-20 miles- each week from now until the 3-Day Walk takes place in September. One day of training isn't a lot, and it is less than recommended, but I teach fitness 6 hours a week and bike to work so I think this schedule will work for me. It's just a matter of getting accustomed to those longer distances.

In the coming weeks, I plan on getting out of the city and exploring other parts of the Netherlands, so stay tuned for more photos!

This week's walk: 

Distance: 9.5 miles (15.3km)
Time: 2.5 hours
Weeks Left: 14

3 comments:

  1. damn, no photo of the Prinseneiland, eh?
    :)

    - Joke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to more pictures of your walks! No doubt your schedule will work because you are a fitness machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the fun places you walk in the coming weeks. Charge that camera battery!

    ReplyDelete