Friday, June 17, 2011

Where I'm walking this week: IJburg

I had big plans to explore a new area on my walk today but time got away from me so I ended up staying close to home.  I walked in the opposite direction as last week, along the Amsterdam-Rijn Canal to IJburg- a man-made island on the outskirts of Amsterdam. My walk took me through two of the parks in which I teach fitness classes, Diemerpark and Flevopark. The clouds were threatening rain but I made it home feeling no more than a few sprinkles. I had a walking partner on the last leg of my walk, after swinging by daycare to pick up Jack.

This week's walk: 

Distance: 7.5 miles (12.11km)
Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Weeks Left: 13

Amount Left to Raise: $1,120

Amsterdam-Rijn Canal


Bridge to IJburg

Diemerpark

Flevopark

My walking buddy

More like running buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment